Terraform 101 - Provision Modern Infrastructure
Developers and operators who want to automate the creation of cloud infrastructure, or any resources that have an API supported by Terraform. This is a beginner course aimed at folks getting started with Terraform.
This is an introductory course that covers HashiCorp Terraform, a simple and powerful tool for safely and predictably creating, changing, and improving infrastructure. If you have never used Terraform, this is the place to start.
The course covers:
- Terraform syntax, internals, and patterns
- Creating and accessing compute instances
- Provisioning resources with Terraform
- Running custom applications on instances
- Authoring and using Terraform modules
- Computer science theory behind Terraform
- Basic collaboration with Terraform Enterprise
Students will receive access to their own personal Linux-based lab environment for the class.
- WiFi and SSH-enabled device with a Terminal
- Modern Internet browser such as Firefox, Chrome, or Safari
- Ability to connect to the public Internet unrestricted (no proxies or firewalls)
If you have not already, you can register for HashiConf Training Day here.